Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Few Great Places to Start

A wonderful first step to saving money is to use inexpensive, often chemical-free products in place of pricier, more complex ones. This article gives over 20 great ideas such as using baby powder instead of purchasing dry shampoo. Click for more money-saving ideas: http://www.allyou.com/budget-home/money-shopping/buy-this-not-that-00400000065125/page23.html

Having asthma and wanting to be able to clean my own home without wearing a mask and rubber gloves, I have replaced all daily cleaning products in my home with vinegar solutions and baking soda solutions. From stove tops to toilets, I can now breathe easy while I clean. The other awesome perk? It's CHEAP! I can tell how easy this was and how satisfied I am with the results, but you really need to jump in - the water's fine (and chemical-free!) Here are two must reads follow. On either site, use your Edit>Find option in your browser to find what you are looking for - for instance type in 'toilet' to see how you can replace that noxious-smelling toilet cleaner!

Baking Soda: http://www.allyou.com/budget-home/live-green-save/baking-soda-00400000048014/

Vinegar: http://www.vinegartips.com/scripts/pageViewSec.asp?id=7

After you try one or many of these ideas, please share your results!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Stacie,

    I'm checking out your blog and I must say I'm impressed. I like what I see and I can tell I can learn a lot here.

    I've been using vinegar and hot water to wash windows and mirrors for years, and I swear by it. Now I'm going to have to check out your links to see what else I can be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Let me know your favorite tips!

    ReplyDelete