Monday, January 16, 2012

Challenge Yourself to Re-use!

You've heard of the 3 Rs:  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Of the 3, reuse is best for Earth. Reuse means no additional resources are needed to repurpose an item to its new life. Reuse means something old is new again and nothing goes to the landfill.

I happen to be quite happy with my makeup organizer - it's huge & needs to be - I love makeup and I love helping others make the most of their faces with makeup. My only complaint was with brushes, eyeliners and mascaras. They flopped over too much for my liking. Enter my $1.00 for both beakers that I found at the Salvation Army - high school chemistry set beakers have a new life in my bathroom! And, hey, you get a peak at my bathroom vanity tile job, too!

Challenge yourself - put something in your home to work in a new way and share your results! Before you throw stuff away, take a photo and send to friends - you never know who you might help or what creative spark your items might set off in others!



2 comments:

  1. DIY Girl-Refreshing. I too love to recycle,reuse. Look forward to reading your ideas in future posts. Robin K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robin! Please share some of your ideas, too :-) please feel free to type in your E-mail address to get my posts delivered to your inbox - there's no spam, just me! Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete