Thursday, January 26, 2012

Facial hair removal - CHEAP & EASY! (didn't say painless)

Ok, so sticking true to my goal of chemical free and low-cost or free living, here is one of my fav beauty tools in my bag. After reading dozens and dozens of reviews, I put it on my Amazon wish list and received it for Christmas in 2011.

I was interested in this product because I hate tweezing, I've been lasered (NOT permanent as claimed, but does last a few months), electrolysis is too $$$ and painful, and, though I have my own hot waxing system, I have a very difficult time removing the fine hairs right under my nose and on my chin - wax irritates me and causes break-outs in those areas as does depilatory cream. I was willing to risk someone else's $5.00 on this.

It took some getting used to, but after about four uses, I think I now qualify as a professional user of a hair threader.

My now-expert advice? Bend it (not quite in half), set it against the skin and twirl the spring at least two or three rotations in one spot, first one way, then the other, for maximum hair removal. After several minutes, gently pull the spring apart (I do not use the handles for this part - too afraid they'll break off) and blow the hairs out. It will seem awkward at first to use this, but it won't be long before you, too, are singing this little device's praises.

After using, I swipe on witch hazel (which is the best and cheapest astringent you can buy at about 70 cents a bottle) until the cotton round is clean. No oil is left on your skin and witch hazel is soothing so no break-outs. Have fun! Or at least as much fun as one can have ripping one's hair out by the roots!

Gosh, I love being a girl!

1 comment: